Northeastern California SBDC at Shasta College Announces:
Social Media: The Twitter Revolution
Date: May 12th
Time: 5:30pm to 8pm
Location: The Gallery Experience in Mt. Shasta
201 N. Mt. Shasta Blvd., Mt. Shasta, CA 96067
The Twitter Revolution
We aim to explain Twitter in terms you understand, in a language you know and a context that is relevant to your business. We will give tips and techniques for organizations large and small – whether you are a hotel or charity, a recruitment agency, a nightclub or a retailer or a law firm, Twitter may be useful to your business or organization.
By the end of the Twitter workshop:
- You will know enough to judge whether Twitter is a useful marketing tool for you or not.
- You will have enough information and know how to create a Twitter strategy for your organization.
- You will be equipped to engage in activity using Twitter.
Information will be clearly presented in a non-technical way in a context relevant to those attending, using case studies and examples.
During the workshop we will address all the key Twitter functions and techniques:
- Setting up an account and picking a name
- Creating your profile
- Setting the right tone
- “Appropriate use”
- Finding friends
- Writing a Tweet
- Building a following
- Managing interaction
- Using Applications and “Mash-ups” (such as Tweetdeck, Social Oomph, Hootesuite and more)
- Using Links
- Using @replies, Direct Messages, Re-Tweets and Tags (Hashtags), etc.
- RSS feeds
Classes Fill Up Quickly So Register Early: ONLINE or Call 530-242-7630